Search

Saturday 19 November 2011

Pretty in pink: Cleo by Panache 'Lucy' bra


   One of the first brands for larger busts that I fell in love with was Panache and their 'Cleo' range. Cleo made its debut in 2009 and since then, it has attracted a loyal customer base of lingerie-loving fashionistas. Cleo is rather like Panache Superbra's trend-conscious younger sister, providing great support in colourful and pretty designs, from a 28 band and up to a J cup! 

  As I'm sure many lingeristas will agree, it is always exciting to come across your favourite brands at discounted prices, so I was really happy to find the gorgeous and girly Cleo 'Lucy' bra on sale for £16.95 on notnaked




  I ordered my usual 28FF size and was amazed to receive confirmation that my item had been dispatched the very same day. The package arrived a matter of a day later too! 



   As you can see from the picture, the Cleo 'Lucy' is a non-padded underwired balconette with a three sectioned cup and fully adjustable shoulder straps. This pink beauty is primarily made of doubled-lined mesh, with single mesh panels along the top of the cups. The benefit of having two layers of mesh on the cups, is the added support and superior shape that it gives. Unlike some mesh bras (which can give a slightly pointy look), the 'Lucy' lends to a lovely rounded, yet natural shape. 

   Having semi-sheer cups stops you from feeling too exposed, but at the same time, gives a tantalising hint of what is underneath! The sheer mesh panels along the top of the cups feature a white embroidered Picot trim, alongside openwork floral embroidery - detailing which is complimented by small floral motifs, scattered intermittently across the cups. This girly and feminine bra is finished off by a vibrant pink and white bow at the centre gore. Despite the shocking pink colour of this bra, it works well under most tops and the embroidery does not show through either.

(Detail of the 'Lucy', showing intricate embroidery detailing and sheer panels.)

   Size-wise, the 'Lucy' fits well and feels very comfortable - the under-band feels very snug, which is something that I love about Panache bras and the centre gore sits flush against the chest without digging in. An unpadded bra that gives a nice rounded and uplifted shape is hard to come by, so I was impressed with the shape that the 'Lucy' gives. 

   The only issue that I had with the 'Lucy' bra, was the slight wrinkling that I got along the sheer mesh panels at the top, despite the cup size being correct. Ladies who are 'fuller on top' will probably not experience this, but it is worth mentioning for those who find this a common occurrence in unpadded styles. 


  The Cleo 'Lucy' is a great everyday bra and its vibrant pink shade and floral detailing are sure to make you feel every bit the girly girl! Above all, I am pleased with the firmness of the band and the lovely shape and support that the 'Lucy' provides. Thanks to Panache, this bra will definitely have you feeling pretty in pink!

Love,
Kitty xo

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kitty,
    Maybe You're interested in some experience I/we (fellow Bra-Lovers from Austria ;) ) made with the Lucy bra :)

    In some testing sessions we found out, that the different colours are veeery different.

    Whilst Lucy in pink is a nice bra, as you already stated, fitting quite a lot of women, the Lucy berry is absolutely incredible!
    It really fits almost every woman I've seen trying it on, from 28DD to 38H!

    I'm tempted to buy another one in the same colour^^

    But unfortunately Lucy in Black didn't really fit anyone... It always provided a strange shape and a lot of strange wrinkles, which didn't disappear when trying another cup size or adjusting the straps.

    Don't get me wrong, it's still a nice bra (I absolutely adore the design!), but in comparison to the pink and _especially_ the berry one it's just - not good ;)


    greets from austria,

    denocte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denocte,

    Thanks for your comment - it's really interesting to hear that the fit varied depending on the colour. I actually really love the berry coloured 'Lucy', with its contrasting orange bow! I will have to try it, along with the black version.

    I have heard that some black bras come up tighter in fit, due to the dye used in the manufacturing process, but it's strange that the black version just doesn't fit people well.

    Panache are bringing out a canary yellow version for S/S12, so I wonder if the fit has been altered at all..

    love,
    Kitty xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!! I really love Lucy in yellow, do you know where I can buy online? Thanks!
    xoxo,
    Rafaela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rafaela!

      I also love the 'Lucy' in yellow! I bought it a little while ago from Charlie Girl Lingerie: http://www.charliegirllingerie.co.uk/cleo-lucy-balconnet-bra-yellow (They still have it in a fair few sizes for a reduced price of £17.50!)

      I have also seen that Simply Beach have the 'Lucy' in yellow for just £12.50 but there aren't many sizes left..worth having a look though: http://tidd.ly/45a10cbd

      (If not, there's always Amazon and Ebay ;))

      Hope you find your size in it :)
      Love,
      Kitty xo

      Delete

Leave me a message and let me know what you think of this post..